Saturday, September 8, 2007

Will time really heal ??

Hi sweetie..
today I want to discuss with you about a saying " Time will heal" that many people often say to somebody when they try to comfort a person (usually when a person experienced bad things). This saying is also often said to a person who is broken hearted.
in my case, people kept saying this "Time will heal" thing since you went home to heaven. I know they were trying to comfort me, trying to give motivation to continue living. As often I told you, my life felt falling appart when you leave me... so, of course when people said that time will heal, i certainly hope and expect that there's some truth in that saying...I really hope time will pass by quickly and I could continue living without missing you so much...
Now, apparently after you had been gone for about 4 years now, I still miss you a lot !! I still miss your smiles, i still miss your hugs, I still miss your kisses, I even still remember almost every detail of what you usually do when you were still around. I still miss you ssssoooo much... therefore, is there any truth in the saying "Time will heal"... I think when it comes to feeling, especially if it's so much related with love... time will not heal... at least will not totally heal the wound. it will improve your condition but it won't heal your wound.. the wound from time to time will appear to the surface and hurt you... time will help you ease the pain though, but it won't heal... it's like broken porcellain... no matter how good you try to fit it, it won't be the same... the scar has been registered and not even best cosmetic/ plastic surgeon will be able to eliminate the scar (heart scar).
I have read so many books on grief and bereavement and apparently my theory is very much inline (especially for parents losing their children, but I guess my theory is also applied to many type of grief)
gotta go libby...talk to you later

Still and always love you much...
daddy.

No comments: