Saturday, September 8, 2007

Life is Full of Choices

Hi darling…
today tante amy is having her birthday… we are still in sol elite marbela anyer and we all forgot, ha ha ha… she started to sing happy birthday for herself…. Just then everybody gave her birthday wishes… today we still hang out in the beach… played all day in the beach and the swimming pool…. You must know that we don’t have anything else to do in Anyer beside playing in the beach and the swimming pool… I was gonna get my temporary tattoos but I couldn’t find design of Bango bird with Tagline “Benar-Benar Kecap”… he he he… I remember when we were in Bali and I was gonna get a tattoo.. you protested and said that tattoo doesn’t look good in me… may be you right, liv…

Today I want to talk about “choices”… I really believe that life if full of choices, we just have to know the consequences for every choice….so we can make a conscious choice rather than just choosing things that we don’t know…. We can choose to feel sad, or to feel happy…. Nothing stopping you if you wanna be happy…. or even if you choose to be sad… it’s true that Allah SWT has the final decision for the outcomes of choices that we have made… but often time we can already predict what the outcomes will be… here are the examples..if you choose to eat properly, exercise regularly.. the most probable outcome is that you will be healthy (it’s true that Allah SWT might not give you health although you have eaten properly and do exercise, but in most cases Allah SWT usually will). If you study hard, most probable outcome that you will be smarter. Lance Amstrong once said “The more I practice, the luckier I get”… If you choose to drive recklessly there’s a big chance that the consequences are you’ll get accidents.see, most of the time people can already predict what will be the outcome or consequences of their choices… once again I don’t deny that Allah SWT still hold to he final outcome deemed best for us according to Him/Her.. but in many (if not most cases) we can already predict the outcomes. Therefore ,I don’t really believe when Forrest Gump said that “Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you’re gonna get”. It’s true that God will decide for us and we don’t know what’s gonna happen in the future.. but actually we have the choice to make up the future… if we take a box of chocolate as an analogy… we can still choose what box of chocolate are we getting, after we get the box of chocolate we still can choose which one to be eaten first, which one last. If we choose dark chocolate then we know that the most probable outcome is the chocolate will be a bit bitter compared to regular one…

This apply to anything in life, who said that we can’t shape our future ?? we can (although we have to accept that Allah SWT still knows what’s best for us). We can choose to become rich people by working really hard, really smart, we can choose to be smart guy by learning hard..

Got my point liv ?? as now, I can choose to let you go and try to forget you… but I choose to keep your memory intact in my mind… I like it…I know the consequences would be I might often be sad …. But that’s okay..I have chosen and I know the consequences…

I have chosen to continue loving you…
Ayah dicky..

No comments: