Thursday, January 10, 2008

London, Here We come..

Hi my sweetest Hunny !
How are ya doin, liv…. Finally the moment that we have been waiting for weeks has arrived. Mommy and daddy were going to London. We took Emirates as our flight since we thought the fare is very reasonable and we heard the quality of the planes, the entertainment, the foods are quite good…and of course we took economy class and not the business class, the fare for business class to London is just way too much if we have to pay ourself (unless being paid by company as usual). Our flight is on Saturday November 17, at 22.00. so in the morning and afternoon we still could take Adelle and Aliyya for their performance in Pasaraya… Adelle was doing the fashion show while Aliyya was doing fashion show and singing… they performed quite well though… we can see that Adelle is very talented in walking on runaway.Then at 19.00 we took a cab to go to airport, Adelle and Aliyya are still awake, but they were good girls...they are brave girls. So nobody cried…. Thank God !! otherwise it will be tough for me to leave them for a full week…. Like I told you last time… I’m worry too much…I'm paranoid..
We got to the Cengkareng at 20.00, so still plenty of time to spend time and chat with mommy in the lounge, I was a bit hesitant to use SQ lounge with my PPS Card because last time I was rejected bringing a company (new rule forbid us to take somebody who doesn’t have SQ ticket… damn rule!) we have choiced to go to Citibank lounge or ANZ lounge but finally we decided to spend the hour chit chating in Starbuck…it’s always nice to talk and laugh with mommy…. So the hour was really worth it to spend…till we were called for boarding… the plane was on time and as expected the plane is fairly new plane, Boeing 777 ER, but as expected too, the space was soooooo little…. matter of fact I should not complain because I should have known that economy class supposed to be this tight…(as I get accustomed flying all around the world with business class…paid by Unilever… he he he…).
Surprisingly, The flight was not that full…not too long, mommy went into deep sleep…. lucky her… while I was trying hard to keep my eyes closed… we stopped over in Kuala Lumpur for an hour… and apparently the flight from KL to was full !! again I barely could keep my eyes closed to get some sleep… I move here and there to find the best position to sleep….I couldn’t !! on well…. economy class.. what do you expect… good thing the entertainment system surprisingly is very good, in fact, I might say it's even better than SQ (which I frequently use). The food is also hot and tasty… pretty good for economy class…. Amazingly the flight attendant mostly are oriental looks !!(Korean I supposed), and not Arabs as I expected earlier… they are quite friendly and gave good service.
The flight from KL to Dubai took about 8 hours and due to time difference, we arrived in Dubai at around 5 o clock… which I spent most of my flight time reading, listening to “Sempurna” from my iPod and reading…Darn, I forgot my Paulo Coelho…I managed to sleep a bit… but barely, I guess.. Dubai Airport apparently isn’t as nice as we expected, it’s not that big and not too many stores either… Changi is much much better than this one… and sooo many people slept on the floor !!! it’s soo arab !! ha ha ha… we have about 2 hours until boarding, so we went to some duty free stores just browsing around… and found out that the price is not cheaper either !! so we decided not to buy anything.
The flight from Dubai to London Heatrow took around 6 hours, and again I still couldn’t sleep…. Having problem with my sitting position and the fact that I don’t have much support (fat) on my behind that make my butt a bit tired and stiff…Mommy, as again… dozed off… lucky her… so again I spent my time reading, listening to my iPod and played my PSP (Sooooo happy bringing my PSP!!). We arrived in Heathrow at 11.50, which is 5 minutes delayed than the time we supposed to arrive, despite 45 minutes delay when we started flying… the immigration is easy and the officer was a lady which is quite friendly… only took about 5 minutes we already claimed our luggage… the first bag came quite quick.. but the big one took quite long.. we started to worry.. since in that big bag, Nini asked us to bring 4kg of grind spices for fried chicken…we were aftraid that this will create problems in the immigration, knowing life stocks, plants, animal, etc are not allowed to be brought to UK from abroad.. Alhamdulillah after waiting for about 20 minutes the bag finally appeared… fuiiih !!!! Wa Willy has been waiting in the arrival lounge…so off we go to Putney !! thank God we were picked up by wa willy, otherwise we have to pay about 60 pounds to get to his house…the weather was a bit gloomy but not raining… and we got lost for a bit… eventhough wa willy use Satnav in his car… apparently… he is very rare going to heathrow using the car… ha ha ha..
From the airport to wa willy's house took about 30 minutes (it’s Sunday remember… so not many cars on the road)… So finally we met again with your favorite cousin Laras… and Fadhlan, and Wa Ibu… they seems happy to meet us…wa Willy's house is in the suburb of London called Putney (near Wimbledon Tennis stadium) and near home of Fulham soccer team, it’s a new house with 3 storeys and 5 bed rooms…the land is not that big but the space is so spacious and efficient… I love it.. I want to rebuild our house like that…the color is off white and all the bed sheets are white… it was really cold liv….London here we come... Gotta go liv… next time I’ll tell you the trip and experience in London. I wish you came with us

Hugs and kisses
Ayah dicky…